– October 23, 2013 - Plante Moran, one of the nation’s largest certified public accounting and business advisory firms, announced that Dianne Wells, CPA, will serve as office managing partner of Plante Moran’s new Detroit office, which is scheduled to open in mid-November in the Compuware Building.
Wells, a partner with the firm since 1995, is currently based in the Southfield office. She has a large tax practice and is the leader of Plante Moran’s retail dealer industry, one of the largest practices in the nation focused specifically on assisting auto dealers with a broad range of financial and business issues. Wells’ entire career has been centered on serving owner-managed businesses and she is known for her balanced approach to tax savings, long-term business planning and shareholder relationships.
“Dianne Wells brings not only meaningful professional experience in owner-managed and family-owned businesses to her new role, but a reputation for strong leadership among her colleagues,” said Gordon Krater, Plante Moran’s managing partner. “She is enthusiastic about Plante Moran’s opportunity in Detroit and eager to get started.”
Wells, a Northville resident, holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants. Wells serves as vice president of the board of Girls on the Run® of Southeastern Michigan, an affiliate of Girls on the Run International, a nonprofit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running. She also serves on the advisory board and is a mentor for Women of Tomorrow, a Detroit-based mentoring program for high school girls.
Approximately 50 staff are expected to occupy Plante Moran’s new Detroit office in November. The office, which will occupy 15,000 square feet on the third floor of the Compuware Building, will have a strong manufacturing, distribution, service and real estate group mix and a complementary balance of not-for-profit, government and employee benefit plan teams. In addition to Wells, other Plante Moran staff taking a leadership role in their respective areas in the new office are:
- Bryan Welsh, CPA, partner and Keith Piwko, CPA, senior manager, manufacturing
- Christa LaBrosse, CPA, senior manager, service
- Kellie Goines, CPA, senior manager, not-for-profit
- Bill Brickey, CPA, partner, government and retail dealers
- Dean Rocheleau, CPA, J.D., partner, real estate and office tax director
- Todd McClain, relationship manager, Plante Moran Financial Advisors
The Detroit office will be the firm’s seventh office in southeast Michigan. Plante Moran’s other area offices are located in Ann Arbor, Auburn Hills, Flint, Macomb and two in Southfield.