Detroit, Mich., Nov. 14, 2013
– Nearly 50 eager staff members of Plante Moran, one of the nation’s largest certified public accounting and business advisory firms, will call the firm’s new Detroit office home when it opens on Monday, Nov. 18. One of FORTUNE’s 100 best places to work for 15 consecutive years, Plante Moran announced the opening of the Detroit office, located in the Compuware Building, last summer as part of its growth strategy and desire to help shape the future of the city’s business core.
“The firm continues to grow and was seeking additional office space, so settling downtown makes sense. There is incredible energy in Detroit and while challenges remain, good things are happening,” said Detroit Office Managing Partner Dianne Wells, CPA. “We believe Plante Moran can make a contribution to strengthen the city and its comeback efforts by having a stronger presence here.”
Plante Moran’s office, designed by SmithGroupJJR, complements the vibe of the Compuware Building and the surrounding business community. Glass walls, gleaming technology and open collaborative spaces abound, giving the office a decidedly downtown beat similar to the firm’s Chicago office.
Staff-wise, the Detroit office has a strong manufacturing, distribution, service and real estate group mix and a complementary balance of not-for-profit, government and employee benefit plan teams.
In addition to Wells, other Plante Moran staff taking a leadership role in their respective areas in the Detroit office include:
- Bryan Welsh, CPA, partner, and Keith Piwko, CPA, senior manager, manufacturing
- Christa LaBrosse, CPA, senior manager, service
- Kellie Goines, CPA, senior manager, not-for-profit
- Bill Brickey, CPA, partner, government and retail dealers
- Dean Rocheleau, CPA, J.D., partner, real estate and office tax director
- Todd McClain, relationship manager, Plante Moran Financial Advisors
“Our staff mix in the Detroit office is very well rounded when it comes to serving our private and public sector clients in Detroit and the surrounding areas,” said Wells.
Plante Moran Detroit Office by numbers:
50 - Number of staff members
15,000 -Total square feet Plante Moran will occupy on third floor of the Compuware Building
1098 Woodward Ave., Suite 300, Detroit, MI 48226
313.496.7200 – Phone number
313.496.7201 - Fax number
The Detroit office is the firm’s seventh office in southeast Michigan. Plante Moran’s other area offices are located in Ann Arbor, Auburn Hills, Clinton Township, Flint and two in Southfield. Plante Moran CRESA, a fully integrated independent real estate firm affiliated with Plante Moran, brokered the lease deal between Plante Moran and Compuware.