. – Nov. 18, 2013 - Plante Moran, one of the nation’s largest certified public accounting and business advisory firms, was named one of the top five workplaces in Michigan in the 2013 “Detroit Free Press” Top Workplaces survey. The statewide survey looked at companies in small, midsize and large categories; Plante Moran was named number four in the large company category. Also in the large company category, Plante Moran Managing Partner Gordon Krater, CPA, received special acknowledgement for standout leadership.
Plante Moran has a tradition of workplace success and has received numerous workplace awards through the years, including the coveted national award from FORTUNE magazine, which has named the firm one of the country’s best places to work for 15 consecutive years. Krater shared the firm’s core belief.
“We thank the Detroit Free Press for recognizing our efforts to remain a top workplace,” said Krater. “Our culture is at the center of our client service focus, and we continue to invest in programs and policies that optimize the career satisfaction of our staff, who are then motivated to provide outstanding service to our clients.”
Highlights of Plante Moran’s workplace policies supporting individual and team development include:
- The assignment of a team partner and experienced staff member to serve as a “buddy” beginning on the first day of employment to encourage and sustain long-term relationships among staff and promote professional development and personal satisfaction
- A nationally recognized professional training program that includes social media to help ensure effective networking and relationship building with current and future clients and friends of the firm
- A Personal Tightrope Action, or PTA, Committee that researches and recommends programs and policies that address and support balance of life issues; examples of PTA programs include a PTA buddy program for first-time parenting staff and on-site child care on Saturdays during tax season
- Firmwide volunteer initiatives, including paid time off to support community efforts
- A diversity council and several affinity groups, including an LGBT resource group
- A Women in Leadership initiative to attract, retain, develop and advance women into leadership positions within the firm
As part of the Top Workplaces survey, respondents were also asked about specific workplace factors of importance to them. In the large company category, Krater received the highest ranking for leadership based on employee responses to the statement, “I have confidence in the leader of my company.”
The “Detroit Free Press” Top Workplaces survey was conducted by WorkplaceDynamics. View the Nov. 17 “Detroit Free Press” article and photos of Plante Moran staff here
Plante Moran also announced that today is the official opening of its new Detroit office, which will house 50 staff. Detroit is the firm’s seventh office in southeast Michigan. Plante Moran’s other area offices are located in Ann Arbor, Auburn Hills, Clinton Township, Flint and two in Southfield.