. – Plante Moran, one of the nation’s largest certified public accounting and business advisory firms, has been named to FORTUNE Magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the 19th consecutive year.
The full list
, which was announced today, ranks Plante Moran 51
and will appear in the March 13 issue of FORTUNE Magazine (www.fortune.com
). Plante Moran has been named to the prestigious list each year it has applied.
With offices throughout Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio and in Mexico, China and India, Plante Moran remains a leader in attracting and retaining staff in the competitive professional services arena through progressive workplace programs and a genuine “We Care” culture.
At the core of Plante Moran's culture is the desire to cultivate and build strong leaders.
“Plante Moran was founded on the understanding that most successful organizations foster and maintain business cultures where outstanding people are developed, coached, mentored and rewarded,” said Gordon Krater, Plante Moran's managing partner. “We incent our staff to not only become exceptional ‘client-servers’ but to coach next generation staff and ultimately identify and prepare their successors.”
The firm has implemented a variety of programs to promote staff development, including:
• The Buddy Program: The buddy functions as a big brother or big sister to help each new staffer become acclimated and is always available to answer questions, serve as a sounding board for ideas or offer advice.
• Career Development Planning: The firm’s high-touch approach to performance management inspires staff to take their careers into their own hands and to drive their personal career paths. The goal is to enhance and support staff by providing them with tools and programs to develop their skills as professionals.
• Emerging Leaders Academy: A diverse talent initiative that pairs mentors and mentees with diverse backgrounds. The intent of the program is for participants to develop a reciprocal relationship that facilitates the sharing of knowledge, experience and philosophies that are advantageous to career development at the firm.
• Female Mentoring Program: The firm’s Women in Leadership initiative champions a mentoring program that pairs senior-level female associates with female and male partners to provide additional guidance, knowledge-building and perspective to support their path to partnership.
• Innovation Groups: Groups of younger practice staff tasked with identifying new and better ways the firm can optimize technology. These groups, who have direct access to a partner, Plante Moran’s CIO and a management team member, have the opportunity to present their ideas and help with the implementation. It not only gives the younger staff members an opportunity to take ownership of a project, but it also encourages them to think like a business owner and speak up when they have an idea.
As a testament to the firm’s career development and “seamless transition” approach, in July 2017, Plante Moran will complete the transition process from one managing partner to the next for the sixth time since 1950. With each transition, the firm’s culture and bottom line have grown stronger. Jim Proppe, managing partner-elect says, “To anyone out there still wondering: it pays to have a great company culture — particularly one that spans generations.”
In the 19 years since Plante Moran first appeared on the FORTUNE list, the firm has more than tripled its staff and increased revenue by more than 500 percent, all while maintaining a culture that promotes staff development, retention and focus on client service. The result is lower turnover, which promotes unparalleled longevity and trust and drives exceptional client results.
About Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the nation's largest accounting, tax and consulting firms and provides a full line of services to organizations in the following industries: manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, service, health care, private equity, public sector and real estate and construction. Plante Moran has a staff of more than 2,200 professionals in offices throughout Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois with international offices in Shanghai, China; Monterrey, Mexico; and Mumbai, India. Plante Moran has been recognized by a number of organizations, including FORTUNE magazine, as one of the country's best places to work. For more information, visit plantemoran.com
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work® is the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Through proprietary assessment tools, advisory services, and certification programs, including Best Workplaces lists and workplace reviews, Great Place to Work® provides the benchmarks, framework, and expertise needed to create, sustain, and recognize outstanding workplace cultures. In the United States, Great Place to Work® produces the annual Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For®" list and a series of Great Place to Work® Best Workplaces lists including lists for Millennials, Women, Diversity, Small and Medium Companies and over a half dozen different industry lists.
# # #