Improving processes in your operations helps improve customer satisfaction, builds customer loyalty, and improves employee engagement, as well as saves time and money.
In response to the needs of our clients, Plante Moran has developed a cross-functional operations consulting and improvement team that offers a full spectrum of operational, financial, strategic, human capital, and technology services to help financial institutions reduce costs, improve customer loyalty and employee engagement, improve performance, and boost profits.
The following are a couple of examples of operations analysis and improvement projects we have completed for our financial institution clients. We bring deep industry knowledge to our engagements with financial institutions because Plante Moran serves more than 250 financial institutions.
We draw on that experience, but we tailor our approach to the specific needs of each client.
After all, no two financial institutions are the same.
Save time and money
It took the Plante Moran team just 20 hours to develop a new business process management system for issuing annual certificate of deposit interest checks. Our suggested system decreased the steps required for processing the payments from 90 to 18. And by encouraging direct deposit, the bank now retains more than $1 million a year of additional deposits.
Improved BSA processes
The Plante Moran operations consulting team mapped the Bank Secrecy Act compliance processes within the bank and suggested an improved process that:
- Created a common Customer Identification Program (CIP) to be used across all lines of business
- Standardized the CIP process across the bank
- Optimized the use of Patriot Officer software to ensure efficient completion and approval of currency Transaction Report (CTR) forms
- Cut in half the number of steps needed to complete the CTR form
The result: a previous BSA compliance audit yielded eight minor findings; preliminary results under the new system yield two minor findings.
Better customer service
Before the operations improvement team looked at the process of opening a new account, customers waited 30-45 minutes as bank officers walked through 45 steps, used three different software packages, and acquired multiple approvals. The improved process now takes 15-20 minutes.
If you are wondering what your financial institution can do to:
- Keep your current customers satisfied and win new business
- Recruit and retain the best employees
- Tighten up cycle time to improve profitability
- Develop a business process management system to monitor financial, operational, performance, and quality data
Our operations improvement team specializing in banks can help you find answers.
Plante Moran operations improvement consultants can survey opinions and mine data, then help develop and implement a plan that will help you win market share, satisfy employees, and improve your profits.
We can help with:
- Performance improvement
- Cost reduction
- Reduced process cycle time
- Data management
- Customer satisfaction and loyalty building
- Employee engagement
- Staff retention
- Branch profitability
- Efficiency studies
- New service development and launch