Federal grants are often an important source of revenue for government organizations. Our single audit team will provide the high-quality guidance and reporting that you need to comply with increased demands for transparency and accountability. Our government single audit specialists will review your internal controls to ensure they are based on the appropriate framework required for compliance, and verify all the required information for reporting. We will validate your organization’s decisions, policies, and procedures concerning federal funds, minimizing the likelihood of unallowable activities or compliance issues.
Single audit expertise
Our team files more than 600 single audits annually. We are the second largest provider of single audits in the nation. We have worked with all types of government programs with annual expenditures ranging from $750,000 to $1 billion. Because we perform so many single audits, we are familiar with the federal grants that government agencies receive. Our experience translates into better quality and greater efficiency for your single audit.
Keeping up on changes to uniform guidance
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) recently issued the uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements for federal awards to streamline and consolidate grants guidance previously contained in eight different circulars into 2 CFR Part 200, otherwise known as the uniform guidance (UG). This became effective during the 2015 calendar year, and will continue to impact organizations on a transitional basis as new awards and funding increments are received. Our compliance audit specialists have closely analyzed the new OMB reforms, and providing in-depth training to our staff. We’re well-versed in every aspect of this extensive new guidance and will assist your transition to the new reforms.
How will you benefit from our single audit experience?
- Active involvement = added value. As a charter member of the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC), and an invited member of the GAQC executive committee and the AICPA Single Audit Roundtable, we are afforded an advanced view of changes that impact the compliance audit before issues are distributed to the public. This knowledge positions you to better plan for the impact of changes coming down from the federal level.
- Key relationships. Our significant relationships with the AICPA, OMB, HUD, education, EPA, and other federal agencies provide us with a fine-tuned understanding of compliance requirements and the ability to get quick answers to difficult compliance-related questions.
- Tailored, proprietary compliance audit programs. Our programs and tools enable an efficient audit, with less time spent responding to questions that may not apply to the specific grant at hand.
- Training & tools to ease the burden of implementation. We proactively educate our clients on upcoming changes via meetings, trainings, proprietary checklists and tools, articles, and webinars.
- Highly trained, experienced staff. Our experts frequently conduct training sessions at conferences and on webinars, sponsored by the AICPA, federal organizations, and state CPA societies. Our knowledgeable, accessible staff provide quick answers and perform audit procedures as efficiently as possible without wasting your staff's valuable time.
Tapping into the skills and experience of Plante Moran will help ensure that your governmental organization is well-equipped to meet single audit compliance requirements and the challenges of accounting for the use of federal funds.