Helping governments manage employee benefits costs
To manage employee benefit costs, you can turn with confidence to the employee benefit consultants at Plante Moran and its wholly owned subsidiary, Plante Moran Group Benefit Advisors LLC (PMGBA). You will benefit from their combined experience serving governmental units and their comprehensive knowledge of the employee health benefits industry.
Our employee benefit consultants understand the pressures you face such as: developing appropriate collective bargaining strategies; dealing with the funding requirements of GASB 45; navigating the maze of potential carriers so that you can comply with Public Act 106; or formulating a benefit strategy that aligns with your specific needs.
Saves $300,000 in first year
Following our advice, one client saved $300,000 on employee benefit costs in the first year, and in the second and third year renewal increases were 25 percent below market norms. The savings were so dramatic because our assessment found the organization was paying 40 percent above market norms.
Negotiated a renewal to save $100,000; redesigned for $250,000 more
When renewal rates were up by 42 percent, this client called us in to help. We negotiated the renewal increase down to 36 percent for the same plan. But redesigning the plan helped save even more. Through combined efforts, we were able to help the employer realize more than $350,000 in savings.
Plante Moran employee benefit consultants can help by:
- Determining how to best structure a plan
- Determining the best combination of plan design,administration, financing, network providers, reporting
- Conducting renewal negotiations
- Benchmarking your plans with peer employer plans
- Overseeing vendor selection
- Monitoring cost and quality of services
- Keeping plans compliant with regulatory requirements
- Providing collective bargaining assistance
- Drafting communications for plan participants
- Providing Act 312 arbitration assistance