Federal grants are a vital source of funding to your district. Our single audit team will provide the high-quality guidance and reporting that you need to comply with the government’s increased demands for transparency and accountability. Our K-12 single audit specialists will review your internal controls to ensure appropriate framework required for compliance, and verify all required information for reporting. We will validate your organization’s decisions, policies, and procedures concerning federal funds, minimizing the likelihood of unallowable activities or compliance issues.
We have developed a tailored approach, specific to schools, so your team spends time on the federal regulations that relate to schools, ensuring you are able to focus on things that matter to your district.
K-12 single audit expertise
Our team files more than 600 single audits annually. We are the second largest provider of single audits, serving public sector and school districts throughout the nation. The annual expenditures for government programs audited range from $750,000 to $1 billion. With deep relationships in the compliance audit sector, our school single audit team comes to each engagement with both in-depth training and significant experience in the field. As a result, districts experience the most efficient audit possible, with minimized impact to staff time and resources.
Helping districts keep up with changes to uniform guidance
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) recently issued the uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements for federal awards to streamline and consolidate grants guidance previously contained in eight different circulars into 2 CFR Part 200, otherwise known as the uniform guidance (UG). This became effective during the 2015 calendar year, and will continue to impact organizations on a transitional basis as new awards and funding increments are received. Our compliance audit specialists have closely analyzed the new OMB reforms, providing in-depth training to our staff. The K-12 public school team at Plante Moran is well-prepared to help school districts with all aspects of this extensive new guidance and will assist your district with the transition to the new reforms.
These reforms will continue to impact organizations on a transitional basis as new awards and funding increments are received. As a recipient of a large amount of federal funds, the district’s ability to understand these rules and implement them will be crucial. We are here to help.
How will you benefit from our single audit experience?
- Active involvement = added value. As a charter member of the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC), and an invited member of the GAQC executive committee and the AICPA Single Audit Roundtable, we are afforded an advanced view of changes that impact the compliance audit before issues are distributed to the public. We use this knowledge to train our staff, present training to our school clients on developments, and streamline our audit approach to capture areas that matter most.
- Key relationships. Our significant relationships with the AICPA, OMB, HUD, education, EPA, and other federal agencies provide us with a fine-tuned understanding of compliance requirements and the ability to get quick answers to difficult compliance-related questions.
- Tailored, proprietary compliance audit programs. Our programs and tools enable an efficient audit, with less time spent responding to questions that may not apply to the specific grant at hand.
- Training & tools to ease the burden of implementation. We proactively educate our clients on upcoming changes via meetings, trainings, proprietary checklists and tools, articles, and webinars.
- Highly trained, experienced staff. Our experts frequently conduct training sessions at conferences and on webinars sponsored by the AICPA, federal organizations, and state CPA societies. Our knowledgeable staff provide quick answers and perform audit procedures as efficiently as possible without wasting your staff's valuable time.