Wholesale distributors benefit from our deep industry experience
Plante Moran serves 300 clients in the wholesale distribution industry. Most range in size from $25 million to $500 million in annual revenues. We provide them with accounting, tax, and business advisory services.
Because of them, we stay on top of regulations, economic factors, and market trends that affect the industry. So we know what you are talking about when you tell us that you are suffering from chronic inventory variances.
And if high labor costs and late shipments are threatening your growth targets, we can study your warehouse layout and suggest quality warehouse management systems and tactics to get you back on track to meet your goals.
You will benefit from our hands-on industry knowledge
Our industry experience enables Plante Moran to bring deep industry knowledge to engagements. At the same time, we realize each client is unique. That is why we give individualized attention and service. And why we can say — your business is our business.
Our wholesale distribution and operations consulting team is composed of more than 250 professionals. They routinely combine their collective knowledge and experience so we can offer clients exceptional thinking and problem solving — every step of the way.
A team of wholesale distribution experts will go to work for you
On the wholesale distribution team are CPAs, management consultants, attorneys, engineers, and certified production and inventory management (CPIM) specialists. These consultants have an extraordinary understanding of the unique challenges facing wholesale distributors, including:
- The impact of globalization and emerging markets
- Buying problems, including national contracts and increased margin erosion
- Aggressive competition from new, consolidated competitors and offshore distributors
- The escalating cost of health care
- The need to reduce transportation costs within the supply chain
- The need to improve cash flow through inventory accounting methods and tax minimization
- The challenges associated with an aging workforce and the related need to find and develop talent
- The rapid pace of integration of Internet-enabled communications and technology into core business processes
- Increasing consolidation and the need to improve the value of the business through M&A solutions
- The need to enhance and preserve owner wealth and develop long-term business plans
A menu of services especially developed for wholesale distributors
Over the years, our clients in wholesale distribution have come to us for advice on many issues. In response to their needs we have developed a menu of services especially designed for the wholesale distribution industry. Some of these services include financial statement auditing, supply chain consulting, and lean methodologies for business process improvement, tax planning and minimization, and help in reducing rising transportation costs.
We are committed to our clients. When you enter into a relationship with us, you see and feel an immediate difference, as we begin working to identify your needs and to help you grow beyond your expectations.