Translating IT into dollars is important to investors
Because harnessing information technology is essential to success, private equity groups often focus on a target’s information systems from the due diligence phase right through to integration.
When you are looking at a target in manufacturing, distribution, health care, construction, real estate, retail, or other services, we have the industry experience to combine with our technology expertise. We can perform an information technology audit that will help you translate the target’s “state of technology” into a valid item on the cash flow statement.
Combined Industry experience and technological expertise
We have experts in enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain management (SCM), warehouse management, customer relationship management (CRM), product lifecycle management (PLM), electronic data interchange (EDI) — you name it and we have become experts in an effort to provide the proactive services our clients expect from us.
During the due diligence and information technology auditing process, our team of experts can help you identify major technology integration expenses and minimize risk prior to deal closure.
After deal closure our experts can conduct a thorough study and technology audit to develop a transition plan for migrating and integrating the existing systems. How quickly you reach a state of compatibility in environments can make a significant impact on profitability.
We can help you plan and implement for superior connectivity
For efficiency, you will want an integrated system. We can help you plan a system with superior connectivity that you can use to design processes and develop and access knowledge.
We can support you from planning to implementation. Our expertise and experience can help you reduce technology-related capital and operation expenses, as well as minimize expenses during integrations.
We will bring our structured, disciplined project management skills and flexible, results-driven approaches to your project.
Plante Moran has the experience and expertise to serve private equity groups. Our services for private equity groups and their portfolio companies include:
- Deal flow (P&M Corporate Finance)
- Strategic planning, analysis, & evaluation
- Transaction & tax structuring
- Transaction support services
- Financial, strategic, operational, organizational, tax compliance, & technology due diligence
- Purchase price allocation
- Tangible & intangible valuation
- Closing/opening balance sheet audits
- Employee benefit plan review
- Transition period support
- Interim financial support services
- Information technology
- Transition plans & implementation
- Fund assurance & tax services
- Operational monitoring & improvements
- Portfolio company financial reporting
- Portfolio company tax planning & compliance services
- Portfolio company exits
(P&M Corporate Finance)