A variety of nonprofit technology solutions
How comfortable are you spending up to $1 million on technology?
Plante & Moran has helped large and small nonprofit organizations make effective technology decisions. Our nonprofit consultants do not sell hardware or software; we’re uniquely qualified to provide objective advice and second opinions. A well thought out, strategic investment in nonprofit technology can:
- Ensure that your systems are adequate for your needs today and into the future
- Help increase operating efficiency and effectiveness
- Facilitate change management (management commitment and employee buy-in)
- Potentially free up staff resources.
Investing appropriately in not-for-profit technology is a win-win for you and the constituencies you serve. For the last 20 years, Plante & Moran has provided comprehensive services related to the planning for, selection, contract negations, and implementation of new technologies and processes for not-for-profit hardware and software. This expertise includes the following modules:
- Purchase orders
- Billing, including Medicare and Medicaid
- Case management
- Foster care
- Electronic health records
- Fund development
- and much more
Through this expertise, we have been able to derive best practices associated with system functional requirements, processes, and technologies that can maximize the value delivered to your stakeholders within the organization and your constituencies. We can further maximize value through our ability to negotiate contacts that frequently generate savings well in excess of our fees on the project.
Technology is a necessary investment and if done correctly can benefit you for years to come. If you are considering making a significant investment in nonprofit technology, consider adding our expert consultants to your team.
- Nonprofit Technology Consulting – defining strategies for prioritized, manageable projects with specific objectives, deliverables, benefits, and resource requirements.
- assessment and planning
- operating systems
- planning for organization-wide technology initiatives
- Web Development – aligning your organization’s mission with the benefits of an Internet solution.
- website strategy and planning
- web design Internet and intranet development and implementation
- Service Provider Selection – representing your interests in selecting more cost-effective software, hardware, and network vendors.
- local telephone service
- long distance telephone service
- cell phone service
- Internet service providers
- System Selection – conducting an analysis of system alternatives from functional, technical, cost, and organizational viability perspectives.
- accounting software
- care management software
- fund development software
- Security Assurance – protecting confidentiality, integration, and availability of data and systems.
- IT risk assessment
- network security
- business continuity