Technology Financial Statement Audit
When your technology company engages our team for financial statement auditing services, you will benefit from a team of experts that takes the time to understand your business issues before developing an approach. Plante Moran goes beyond the typical cookie-cutter approach to tailor audit and assurance services to your needs.
Auditors tailor engagements to suit your needs
High-tech/early-stage companies are not created equal. Issues for drug developers are very different from those of medical device manufacturers and software developers. That’s why Plante Moran invests the time up front to understand your unique issues and tailor our audit and assurance approach.
We are well-versed in working with a variety of high-tech companies, from early-stage start-ups to mature, established organizations. Our services have ranged from providing general ledger assistance on QuickBooks to assistance with exit transactions. As an one of our high-tech audit clients, you will benefit from a team of experts that understands your challenges and offers assistance where needed. We’ll ensure you’re not only compliant but well-positioned to address the issues that affect you most.
Our clients appreciate our expertise
Our team brings its world-class resources to every engagement. Plante Moran’s accounting standards experts are dedicated to the industry and are there to assist with the complex issues within your financials.
We can assist with:
- Revenue recognition. Unlike many other industries, high-tech companies have a much more complex revenue recognition set of rules. As revenue can be the driving force behind many key management decisions, ensuring that revenue is accounted for properly is vital. Our accounting staff can help you weed through the complex standards and help you implement a solid reporting system.
- Accounting for stock-based compensation. IRC Sec.409A is posing significant challenges for high-tech companies. We understand these complex rules and can help organizations become compliant with these regulations.
- Valuation. Usually, the biggest asset of your company is not reported on the financial statements. The intangible asset embedded within your organization drives the value in your eventual exit strategy. Our valuation group can assist with understanding today’s value hidden in your company.
- Exit strategies. Our corporate finance experts specialize in positioning high-tech companies for exit transactions. Their years of experience and deep industry network will help you maximize your value during this period.
Audits are value added and hassle-free
As an audit client, we can promise you that:
- Your internal controls and financial statements will be reviewed by reputable, experienced industry professionals.
- You will receive financial statement audit information that is objective, independent, and accurate; information you can depend on, in a timely manner.