Just a reminder that the next requirement for EVIP is coming up as follows:
Category 2 – Consolidation of Services – due date 2/1/13
- You must produce a consolidation plan
- If this is your first time attempting to qualify for this category, include past endeavors and associated cost savings
- If this is not your first submission, you must include one new initiative with a savings estimate and timeline
- If no new initiatives have been identified, you must address why it is not feasible to enter into any new consolidation efforts
- If this is your second time, report on progress of prior plan, including barriers you encountered
- You must submit signed Treasury certification Form 4887, which can be accessed here: mich.gov
One item to note, contracting is ONLY considered a consolidation service if done within your jurisdiction (i.e. combining departments within your City) or with another local unit of government (i.e. City and School combine for trash pickup).
The State has a FAQ document on its website which can be found here: EVIP FAQ
If you have further questions pertaining to the Economic Vitality Incentive Program, please contact the Michigan Department of Treasury, Office of Revenue and Tax Analysis, at 517-373-2697, or your Plante Moran representative.