Regardless of what happens to the Accountable Care Act, healthcare delivery and financing in the United States will look dramatically different in 2020 than it does today. This presentation will make some insightful observations, draw provocative conclusions, and even go out on a limb to make predictions that may surprise healthcare providers. We’ll wrap up with tangible, recommended strategies to prepare for the new world order in healthcare.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the current status and future trajectory of healthcare expenditures in the United States and the implications if left unchecked
- Understand the implications of cost-shifting among the various healthcare providers, employers, and consumers
- Understand the shifting roles of providers as insurers and insurers as information and analytic corporations
- Understand systemic behavioral changes that will focus less on quantity and more on providing the right care at the right time
- Investigate the concept of patients as “members”
Presenters | Matt Weekley, leader of the Plante Moran healthcare practice team, and Tony Colarossi, Plante Moran healthcare consultant.