We can help you make sense of difficult insurance claims
You will appreciate the experience and expertise that our insurance claims professionals bring to your business insurance matter. Plante Moran’s forensic accounting and valuation services professionals help to solve insurance claims disputes by working with policyholders, their counsel, and insurance companies. Our insurance claims professionals provide financial, accounting, economic and/or statistical analyses services and have experience analyzing first-party insurance claims for property losses and business interruption claims that arise from a variety of circumstances including, natural disasters, fires, and product liability issues.
What’s the proper amount of recovery?
Plante Moran’s forensic accounting and valuation services team will also assist liquidators/rehabilitators of bankrupt insurers manage the investigation of the estate and maximize the assets of the estate.
Typical areas of analysis related to business insurance claims include:
- Review and analyze insurance policies
- Evaluate trigger methodologies relating to multiple policies
- Review of retentions, deductibles, and policy buyouts
- Reinsurance recovery evaluations
- Business interruption and lost profit claims analyses
- Calculating cash flow projections
- Historical lost unit sales, and future lost sales
- Manufacturing capacity studies
- Market and consumer demand studies
- Allocation of manufacturing costs and overhead expenses
- Reconstructing accounting records
- Determine appropriate period of future loss
- Review of extra expense claims