Our forensic accounting team can help you address the business risk of fraud
Plante Moran’s forensic accounting team will bring accounting, auditing, and investigative skills to help you uncover fraud and preserve evidence. You will appreciate that we look beyond the numbers and deal with the business reality of the situation. Another plus — our forensic accounting professionals communicate the financial information in a clear and concise manner to management, administrative boards, and in court.
We have in depth experience in situations that call for forensic accounting
Our forensic accounting professionals have certifications that include Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), and Juris Doctor (JD). And we bring experience working on thousands of cases for individuals and a broad range of industry clients.
You will also benefit from our access to the skills and experience of more than 2,000 Plante Moran colleagues. Within our firm, we have all of the necessary talent to successfully complete investigations from financial statement fraud to asset misappropriation. That comprehensive approach saves time and money.
Our experience provides results
Our work has taken us across the country and abroad to assist organizations with forensic investigations related to the prevention, detection, and quantification of losses due to fraudulent activities. Several examples of our work include:
- Assisting an automobile dealership to quantify and prepare its insurance claim related to an employee fraud scheme involving embezzlement
- Interviewing a significant number of employees at an international supply chain and warehousing provider to quantify the inventory losses incurred due to alleged asset misappropriations
- Performing computer forensics, utilizing computer and digital forensics expertise for a worldwide building products manufacturer to help quantify losses incurred through an employee’s credit card purchases scheme
- Conducting a forensic investigation of a large governmental entity related to alleged financial statement fraud and manipulation
- Quantifying losses incurred by a not-for-profit due to the dishonest actions of its CFO
- Determining the extent of the loss from a loan officer’s manipulation of loan documents at a financial institution
- Conducting analyses of multimillion dollar vendor contracts for several school districts to determine kickbacks/overbilling
- Identifying the differences between the deposits, receipts and write-offs for medical and dental practices due to employees’ diversion of payments
We have developed a comprehensive set of forensic accounting skills and advisory services that enables us to serve you with care and sensitivity to manage the business risk of fraud.