Plante Moran’s forensic accounting and valuation services professionals are particularly well qualified to assist clients and counsel with the financial, accounting, investigative, and valuation issues that often surround disputes involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and investments. Plante Moran brings merger and acquisition consultants, forensic accounting and valuation services professionals and assurance professionals to provide the types and level of expertise required in a merger and acquisition analysis to address the claims of financial misrepresentations which are typically alleged in merger & acquisition disputes.
Plante Moran’s forensic accounting and valuation services professionals have extensive experience providing expert testimony in federal and state courts and at arbitrations, and often assist counsel at various stages of the legal process including discovery, settlement negotiations, mediation, arbitration, trial, and appeal.
Areas in which we can provide merger and acquisition valuation and consulting services include:
- Analysis of financial and operating data
- Review of seller’s representations and covenants
- Financial statement review and evaluation
- Recreation of accounting records from source documents
- Evaluate revenue recognition issues
- Identify unrecorded and undervalued liabilities
- Forecast and projection evaluations
- Restate financial condition as of purchase date
- Restate annual operating results and cash flows
- Determine fair market value of acquired entity or assets
- Investigate the propriety of questionable transactions
- Provide discovery assistance and expert testimony