When you need to measure economic damages, we can help
You can rely on Plante Moran’s specialists in economic damages to bring together their collective accounting, economic, financial, and litigation experience to accurately measure and quantify the amount of economic loss at stake in your dispute. They will analyze the available financial, market, and economic data and effectively communicate their findings and conclusions in simple, clear, and concise language to fact finders, be they judges, juries, or arbitrators. Our economic damages professionals have extensive experience testifying in depositions, state and federal courts, and at arbitration hearings.
You will appreciate our wide range of skills and experience
Members of our economic damages team have the following certifications and licenses: Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Juris Doctor (JD); Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE); Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF); Certified Management Accountant (CMA); Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA); and Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV). They have been retained in connection with thousands of disputes involving multinational corporations, regional corporations, closely held companies, partnerships, and individuals participating in a broad range of industries.
You will benefit from our professionals’ collaboration with colleagues who specialize in serving various industries including automotive, manufacturing and distribution, health care, banking and financial institutions, commercial real estate, higher education, not-for-profits, and others. Our clients appreciate that, within our firm, we have current, hands-on industry knowledge via our audit, tax, and consulting practices.
Valid and accurate economic damages calculations
Our economic damages experts have significant experience analyzing financial and economic data in connection with breach of contract, dealer termination, accounting malpractice, intellectual property infringement, merger and acquisition disputes, securities cases, and other types of commercial disputes. Examples of our work include:
- Investigations of accounting malpractice and bankruptcy claims. For example, Plante & Moran was appointed accountant to the Examiner of Enron Corporation
- Lost profits and increased costs in hundreds of commercial disputes
- Reasonable royalties determinations in hundreds of intellectual property disputes
- Securities industry damages calculations and evaluations related to fraud, corporate raiding, class action shareholder suits, account churning, investment misrepresentation, and complex derivatives trading, among others
We provide economic damages evaluations in cases of:
- Accounting malpractice
- Breach of contract
- Dealer termination
- Franchisee/Franchisor disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Merger & acquisition disputes
- Securities cases
- Tortious interference