For estate and gift tax planning, business owners depend on Plante Moran’s valuation services team
It’s never too early for you to establish a proper management/ownership succession plan. To begin this process, one question needs to be answered: What is my business really worth?
Plante Moran’s valuation services professionals have the expertise to provide you with the answer to this question as it relates to all your transition gift tax planning and estate tax planning valuation needs. Our team has prepared hundreds of valuation reports in support of IRS estate and gift tax reporting requirements.
Achieve your estate tax planning and business succession goals
Plante Moran is committed to helping clients achieve successful management/ownership transition by providing independent valuation services.
- Analysis related to the optimal timing and structure of gifts of stock / assets considering the taxpayer’s lifetime exclusion and size of their taxable estate.
- Evaluation of alternative ownership structures and recommendations as to the structure that would best achieve our clients’ estate planning goals.
- Preparation of valuation reports in support of IRS gift and estate tax regulations that meet the adequate disclosure requirements.
- Expert witness testimony in United States Tax Court and IRS settlement conferences.
- Limited liability company (LLC) and family limited partnership valuation services, particular to entities holding marketable securities, real estate, or closely-held common stock.
- Discount studies for gift tax planning and estate tax planning purposes.