Plante Moran’s organizational development & personnel assessment group is committed to providing our clients with a full, in-depth picture of an individual’s capabilities and suitability for a particular position. At Plante Moran, we're frequently called upon to assess both potential candidates and current staff members. The purposes of assessment can typically be broken down into one of three major categories:
- Assessing “fit” — We assist our clients in hiring the candidate who's the best “fit” between the qualifications of the candidate and the requirements of the position. “Fit” includes the assessment of the personality and leadership characteristics of the candidate with the culture of the hiring organization
- Comparing/Contrasting finalist candidates — Often, our clients will ask us to compare the strengths and areas of professional development for the two or three finalist candidates for a position.
- Accelerating successful on-boarding and assimilation — We provide suggestions to accelerate the successful on-boarding or assimilation process. Based on assessment results and our knowledge of the position, we're able to make suggestions and recommendations for the candidate to get off to a quick start as they begin their new position.
- Suggestions for managing a new staff member — We provide suggestions to the hiring manager or organization regarding how they can best manage the incoming candidate. Our clients often find it very helpful to obtain a “heads up” regarding key strengths and areas of professional development.
Promotions & development planning
- Assessment for promotion — We evaluate current staff members for promotional opportunities. Such assessments include suggestions for professional development that can easily be incorporated into a plan to improve the effectiveness of employees.
- Assessment of leadership bench strength — There are often key points in an organization’s history following a change in leadership, change in strategy, potential merger, or acquisition where our clients ask us to evaluate the current talent against the leadership competencies required for future success.
Assessment of opportunities and potential — We use a full range of tests to focus in on the best occupational opportunities for an individual based on their abilities, interests, and personality.
- Career development — This assessment is helpful for individuals who want to advance in their careers and would like practical guidance on what areas they could improve in for career success.
- Career changes — This assessment is helpful for individuals who are considering changing careers and need direction.
Types of personnel assessments
Plante Moran offers four types of assessment services. These assessments are intended to assist clients in making key decisions related to personnel selection, career development, leadership development, succession planning, and building high performance teams. The four assessment services are:
- Standard assessments — These assessments target individual contributors, first-line supervisors, administrative staff, and mid-level managers. A standard assessment also includes a 30-45 minute structured behavioral interview with a member of our assessment team.
- Executive assessments — These assessments target higher level managers, critical technical positions, and senior officers. An executive assessment also includes a 60-90 minute structured behavioral interview with a member of our assessment team.
- Screening assessments — These assessments target more entry level positions and can be helpful in providing an initial description of candidates.
- Vocational assessments — These assessments provide consultation for individuals who are currently wrestling with career choice and career development issues.
Online testing — Our online testing capabilities allow candidates to be tested in our office or undergo testing at client sites globally. Whether you're looking for brief screening information or an extensive report in assessing a candidate for a position of key responsibility, we have the tools to help you make the most appropriate hiring decisions.