Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a term for the broad set of activities supported by multi-module application software that helps a manufacturer or other business manage the important parts of its business, including product planning, parts purchasing, controlling inventories, supply chain management, customer relationship management and tracking orders. ERP solutions
can also include application modules for the finance and human resources aspects of a business.
Plante Moran not only offers objective, experienced evaluation, selection and contract review and negotiation services for the acquisition of ERP systems, but we also offer implementation services. We are an implementation alliance partner of Plex Systems’ Plex Online ERP system, which provides extensive functionality for the automotive, food and beverage as well as aerospace and defense manufacturing verticals via an on-demand delivery model.
Plex provides a fully integrated, total enterprise solution including modules that support Quoting, Engineering, EDI/Release Accounting, Customer Relationship Management, Lean Manufacturing, Production Planning and Scheduling, Manufacturing Execution (MES), Inventory Control, Bar Code Labeling, Quality, Tooling, Maintenance, Cost Accounting, Finance, Payroll, Human Resources, Time and Attendance and Document Management.
Highlights of our Plex implementation capabilities include:
- Multiple successes in implementing Plex with large, multi-facility, global manufacturers.
- Many implementation successes with Japanese-owned organizations.
- Deep global automotive experience.
- Mexico implementation experience leveraging our global consulting expertise.
- Food and beverage implementation success across multiple facilities.
- Accelerated implementation successes with existing and start-up manufacturers.
- Innovative operational improvement ideas by introducing industry best practices.
- Use of a structured, proven project management methodology as part of our implementation efforts. This methodology is based upon the principles of the PMBOK (Project Management Book of Knowledge) methodology and provides tools and techniques throughout the initiation, planning, execution, control, closing and post-mortem phases of an ERP implementation.
- Proven, successful implementation approaches and tools.
- IT infrastructure and network design and configuration.
- Significant senior management involvement.
- Staff continuity resulting in work efficiency and leveraging of prior experiences.
Key benefits of the Plex Online solution include:
- Simple, easy to use design
- Fully integrated system
- Standard modules for all aspects of manufacturing
- Special configuration where required
- Depth and experience in manufacturing
- On-demand solution (e.g., Hosted, Software as a Service (SaaS))
- Highly secure data vault
- Professional IT management