Increase Efficiency with ERP
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is a term for the broad set of activities supported by multi-module application software that helps a manufacturer or other business manage the important parts of its operation, including product planning, parts purchasing, maintaining inventories, supply chain management, customer relationship management and tracking orders. ERP can also include application modules for the finance and human resources aspects of a business.
Plante & Moran not only offers objective, experienced evaluation, selection and contract review and negotiation services for the acquisition of ERP systems, but we also offer implementation services. We are an alliance partner of QAD, implementing the MFG/PRO ERP system which provides extensive functionality for the automotive, consumer products, electronics, food and beverage, life sciences, and industrial products manufacturing verticals via either an on-premise or on-demand (hosted) delivery model. QAD provides a fully integrated, total enterprise solution including applications that support Financials, Customer Management, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Service and Support, Enterprise Asset Management, Analytics, and Interoperability.
Highlights of our QAD implementation capabilities include:
- Multiple experiences in implementing QAD across several manufacturing industry verticals.
- Use of a structured, proven project management methodology as part of our implementation efforts. This methodology is based upon the principles of the PMBOK (Project Management Book of Knowledge) methodology and provides tools and techniques throughout the initiation, planning, execution, control, closing and post-mortem phases of an ERP implementation.
- Innovative operational improvement ideas.
- Proven, successful implementation approaches and tools.
- IT infrastructure and network design and configuration.
- Significant senior management involvement.
- Staff continuity resulting in work efficiency and leveraging of prior experiences.
Key benefits of the QAD MFG/PRO solution include:
- Simple, easy to use design
- Fully integrated system
- Standard modules for all aspects of manufacturing
- Special configuration where required
- Depth and experience in manufacturing
- On-premise or On-demand solution (e.g., Hosted, SaaS/Software as a Service, ASP)
- Highly secure data vault
- Professional IT management