- Wednesday, October 30, 2013; 10 - 11 a.m. EDT
In this era of increased transparency, IRS Form 990s are readily available online and they provide a significant amount of information about the nonprofit organizations that file them, including financial data, governance policies, and compliance requirements.
Do you know who is looking at your 990 and what insights they are hoping to gain? As the public face of your organization, what does your 990 say about you? Donors, funding sources, prospective members, reporters, and the IRS are all viewing your Form 990. Savvy not-for-profit directors and board members are paying extra attention to how they present their organizations on these forms.
Join our experts for this webinar so you can ensure your 990 tells the story you want to share.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand the various constituencies that may be reviewing their organization’s Form 990
- Understand which parts of Form 990 are most often reviewed by outsiders
- Understand special public disclosure issues that might exist for different sub-segments of the not-for-profit community including healthcare entities, institutions of higher education, associations, social service organizations, and other charitable organizations
- Understand the scope of possible reactions – both negative and positive to their organizations’ Form 990
- Understand effective strategies for managing their organization’s public presence with regard to Form 990
- Lynne Huismann
- David Lowenthal