- Wednesday, November 13, 2013; 2-3 p.m. EST
M&A frauds can deliver a substantial financial blow to a purchaser, with an impact that can last for years after the initial acquisition. Ironically, mishandling the due diligence related to the acquisition of a business can result in losses to the business, personal losses, and even bankruptcy.
Our experts will help participants understand the financial risks related to M&A transactions, the responsibilities of due diligence professionals, and mitigating the risk of fraud. Presenters will share actual case examples of frauds related to M&A transactions and the factors that resulted in these frauds.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will:
- Understand key elements of M&A fraud
- Be able to identify the differences between due diligence and investigative accounting in an M&A transaction
- Know how to implement preventive steps in order to mitigate fraud in an acquisition
- Identify frequent areas of working capital manipulation in M&A transactions
- Amy Egelston, Plante Moran’s Investigative Services Team
- Matt Petrucci, Plante Moran's Due Diligence Team