- Thursday, March 13, 2014; 2 - 3 p.m.
Enterprise Content Management systems have been in use for over a decade. Yet, the construction industry has been slow to adopt ECM, using the technology primarily for invoice routing and limited storage functions. With the increased importance of document management, record retention, and retrieval for financial and legal reasons, many construction companies are beginning to understand the increased efficiency and reduced risk a well-deployed ECM solution can provide.
Co-presented by Burger Consulting Group and Plante Moran, this webinar highlights the impact and increased importance of an ECM system on construction organizations, and provides a better understanding of this technology and the benefit of having a central repository for cataloging critical data.
In addition to storage and retrieval, the session will address the significant value from ECM to establish and maintain workflow. Putting an ECM system in place is complex and different from other system implementations including the speed with which the solution has to be implemented.
This overview is designed to help unravel the process. At the conclusion of this session participants will:
- Explain the current IT trends in the construction industry
- Demonstrate what an ECM system does, its value in today’s competitive economy, and how it can impact your organization
- Understand current technologies that compete with ECM and how they differ
- Review and explain important steps to evaluating various ECM solutions and selecting the right one for your organization
- Gain a better understanding of an ECM system’s impact to your computing infrastructure
- Learn successful implementation approaches
- Christian Burger, President, Burger Consulting Group
- Ken Julien, CPIM, Consulting Partner, Plante Moran
- Jackie Green, ECM Consultant, Burger Consulting Group
- Angus Frost, Senior Consultant, Burger Consulting Group