- Tuesday, Apr. 29, 2014, 2-3 p.m. EDT
One of the hottest topics of discussion among international tax practitioners and multinational businesses is the continued implementation of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). Beginning July 1, 2014, any payment of U.S. source income to a non-U.S. entity recipient will be subject to a 30 percent withholding tax. Many previously obtained forms W-8BEN will become invalid and must be replaced with the new form W-8BEN-E. Unlike relief that may have been available for failure to have a valid W-8BEN on file for reduced withholding under a tax treaty, no such relief is available under FATCA. Therefore, any documentation failures discovered by the IRS likely will result in assessment of withholding tax, interest, and penalties against the withholding agent.
This one-hour webinar will educate internationally-active organizations about the continued implementation of the FATCA and how to prepare to ensure compliance and avoid penalties.
Learning objectivesAt the conclusion of this session, participants will understand:
- Identify the ins and outs of FATCA and how they apply to internationally active organizations
- Distinguish the four-step process to comply with FATCA
- Bill Henson, International Tax Partner
- Randy Janiczek, International Tax Specialist, International Tax Group
- Joel Mitchell, International Tax Partner, International Tax Group