- Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2014, 2-3 p.m. EST
Predictive analytics is the practice of extracting information from existing data sets in order to identify patterns that might predict future outcomes and trends. It is at the peak of its hype cycle in health care, but is it really “the next big thing”? Or is it being oversold? This webinar will explore that question, the concepts of predictive analytics, the use of predictive analytics in national intelligence settings, and how these same concepts and technology can be applied to health care.
At the conclusion of this session, you will be able to:
- Accurately describe the basic concepts of predictive analytics in 30 seconds.
- Explain the relationship between historical data quality, data volume, and the accuracy of predictive models in modeling future probabilities and trends.
- Distinguish between the current strengths and weaknesses of predictive analytics in health care and blend that understanding into an appropriate level of expectation for an analytics strategy.
- Dale Sanders, Strategy Senior Vice President, Health Catalyst
- Doug Wiescinski, Plante Moran