- April 16, 2015 @ 2:00 PM EDT
The opportunities presented by digital health technology are numerous and much talked about. Physician appointments can occur via video; patients can monitor their own health and providers have access to the data; health information exchanges allow access to electronic medical records across multiple organizations; and wireless technology and software in medical devices have greatly increased healthcare providers’ ability to efficiently and effectively treat patients.
However, use of this technology presents risks unique to the healthcare industry. In addition to the need to protect patient health data, providers must protect patients’ lives. This webinar will discuss the challenges to and proven approaches for balancing technology security, safety, compliance, and innovation in the healthcare provider sector, as well as give an overview of the FDA’s recent final guidance containing recommendations to medical device manufacturers on cybersecurity management.
Learning objectivesAt the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Inform their organizations’ cybersecurity policies so that they are in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Conduct proper assessments of networked medical devices’ cybersecurity vulnerabilities and identify controls that can protect against intentional or unintentional threats effectively.
- Assist in the implementation of innovative technology solutions within their organizations while ensuring patient safety.
- Alex Brown, CPA, Information Technology Senior Manager
- Kyle Miller, CISA, Information Technology Senior Consultant