- Tuesday, October 27, 2015; 12 - 1 p.m. EDT
Healthcare leaders are faced with an array of alternative payment models. With the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) throwing its considerable weight behind bundled payments, providers that get in early will be competitively positioned for success when these payment models become standard operating procedure. On the flip side, organizations that sit on their hands will quickly lose ground. With a newly proposed rule to implement the first mandatory bundled payment program for hip and knee replacement surgery, healthcare leaders should be asking: Is our organization ready for the shift from volume to value?
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the core objectives and outcomes to date of CMS’ Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative (BPCI).
- Articulate lessons learned from organizations that are participating in the BPCI pilot program.
- Identify key action steps your organization can take to prepare for the transition to bundled payment models.
- Amy LaFleur, Regional Vice President of Operations, Trinity Senior Living Communities
- Betsy Rust, Consulting Partner, Plante Moran