- Tuesday, December 8, 2015; 3 - 4 p.m. EDT
From fiduciary duties to responsible fundraising, nonprofit boards play a crucial role in advancing the mission of an organization. Charged with providing direction, guidance, and oversight, they keep an eye toward the future and help ensure that the organization is poised to reach its goals. However, board members primarily serve on a voluntary basis and may not be fully aware of their new roles and responsibilities. Join Plante Moran experts and Gene Gargaro as they discuss the key responsibilities nonprofit board members should master.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Articulate their three primary areas of fiduciary duties.
- Identify effective board governance practices, including composition and operations.
- Exercise strong financial oversight, including understanding necessary policies, procedures, and the annual audit process.
- Articulate best practices in responsible fundraising.
- Kris Ray, Associate, Plante Moran
- Gene Gargaro, Detroit Institute of Arts’ Board of Directors
- Sue Perlin, Partner, Plante Moran