- Thursday, Dec. 8, 2016; 2-3 p.m. Eastern
Recent legislative changes have expanded the ability for taxpayers to take advantage of a valuable tax incentive: the research tax credit. Join our research credit specialists as they provide information on what opportunities are available to reduce your tax liability and increase cash flow.
Learning objectivesAt the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the qualification and criteria for the research credit outlined in IRC §41 and §174.
- Identify industry examples and applications of the research credit.
- Explain the update to internal use software guidance.
- Describe the changes to IRC §41 effective for tax years beginning January 1, 2016, including:
- An overview of the PATH Act legislation
- The ability to use research credits to offset Alternative Minimum Tax (“AMT”)
- The opportunity for small businesses to offset payroll tax obligations.
- Amy Forester, tax solutions group partner
- Marni Cohen, tax solutions group manager
- Nathan Buchalski, tax solutions group partner