- Wednesday, January 31, 2018; 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Anticipated CPE:
- 1.5 CPE credits (1.0 credits accounting and 0.5 credits tax)
With the expiration of the Perkins Loan program, administrators will need to determine the impact to their institutions, and a direction for moving forward. The session will cover options to liquidate or maintain the Perkins outstanding loans, and options to bridge the gap in student financial aid. There are also a lot of questions about what tax reform will mean for higher education. We will discuss the latest information on the emerging 2018 tax law changes, and the anticipated impact to colleges and universities.
Following this session, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the impact of the Perkins Loan program expiration on your institution.
- Identify options for handling the outstanding Perkins Loans and options to bridge the gap in student financial aid.
- Understand the emerging 2018 tax law changes and the anticipated impact on colleges and universities.
- Vicki VanDenBerg, partner, higher education practice leader
- Carol Lalonde, associate, higher education tax specialist
- Brian Greko, associate, assurance
For more information regarding program cancellation policies, please visit our webinar website https://www.plantemoran.com/explore-our-thinking/info/global/webinar-faq or contact our offices at 248-352-2500.
Staff wishing to express complaints regarding this training should contact the Learning Team at 248-223-3564.
Plante & Moran, PLLC, is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417 or by visiting the website: www.nasba.org