- Thursday, July 26, 2018; 2 - 3 p.m. EDT
FASB’s changes to the not-for-profit reporting model are effective for annual financial statements issued for fiscal years beginning after December 15, 2017. The standard requires substantial new disclosures on liquidity and availability of resources, requires a schedule of functional expenses for all NFP organizations, and places new limits on what expenses can be allocated out of management and general.
At the conclusion of this session participants will be able to:
- Describe the new requirements for qualitative and quantitative disclosures about liquidity and availability of resources.
- Describe the new requirements for presenting expenditures by both nature and function.
- Describe the limitations placed on allocating certain expenditures out of management and general and into program or fundraising.
- Know the consequences of non-compliance with the new standard.
- Kris Ray, Not-for-Profit Industry Technical Leader
- Katie Thornton, Higher Education Industry Technical Leader
- Dawn Stark, Healthcare Industry Technical Leader