- August 21, 2018; 11 a.m.-12p.m. EDT
FASB recently issued Accounting Standards Update 2018-08, Clarifying the Scope and Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made. The standard is intended to clarify and improve the scope and accounting guidance for contributions received, and accomplishes this by providing a more detailed framework to determine whether a transaction should be accounted for as contribution or exchange, and for determining whether a resource provider is receiving value in return for the resources transferred. The new ASU also provides new criteria for determining whether a contribution is conditional or unconditional. This webinar will provide attendees with an understanding of the new standard, and how to apply it to not-for-profits.
At the conclusion of this session participants will be able to:
- Describe the framework for determining whether grants should be classified as exchange or contribution revenue.
- Describe the process for evaluating whether a resources provider is receiving value in return for resources transferred.
- Describe the criteria contributions and grants must meet to be considered unconditional.
- Describe the consequences of non-compliance with the new standard.
- Christina Hardy, West Michigan Not-for-profit Leader
- Katie Thornton, Higher Education Industry Technical Leader
- Dawn Stark, Healthcare Industry Technical Leader