- March 21, 2019
Discover the top 10 disruptions (predictions) in blockchain, distributed ledger technology, and digital assets for 2019.
Technologies like blockchain and digital currency are requiring us to rethink the traditional ways of processing transactions. Accounting Blockchain Coalition (ABC) members Mark Li from BPM (chair) and Soma Sinha from Plante Moran (co-chair) share information and insights about how some digital technology changes are transforming the accounting industry.
You will learn about:
- Challenges and adoption of blockchain technology
- Increased regulation & scrutiny
- Demands for alternative trading systems
- Incorporation of AI/IoT in blockchain
- Cryptocurrency (stablecoins)
- Initial coin offerings (ICO)/Security token offerings (STO)
- Blockchain as a service (BaaS)
- Transparency & cybersecurity controls over blockchain systems
- Emerging use cases of blockchain for data privacy
- M&A activities in blockchains & digital assets