- Thursday, April 30, 2020; 2-3 p.m.
We’ll discuss the different structures your organization can use and the pros and cons of each, from a subsidiary to a joint venture to contract manufacturing/shelter. In addition, we’ll cover best practices when it comes to investing and repatriating cash, including transfer pricing. And, with the cultural differences around employment in Latin America, we’ll spend time talking about what you can expect, ranging from at-will employment to mandatory profit sharing.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the nuances and challenges of operating in Latin America
- Understand the pros and cons of different structures including subsidiary, joint venture, and contract manufacturing/shelter
- Understand cultural differences and what to be aware of when investing or expanding in Latin America
- Understand what tax or other incentives might be available to companies expanding in Latin America
- Beth Babich, senior manager, global services
- Julio Valdez, manager, international consulting
- Ulisses Meneses Ortiz, senior manager, tax solutions
- Lou Longo, partner, international consulting