- Wednesday, April 22, 2020; 4-5 p.m. EDT
Experts from Plante Moran and Bourgeois Bennett join the AICPA to discuss cybersecurity and work-from-home technology threats.
During the COVID-19 crisis, many employers have moved employees to an entirely remote working environment. With tax deadlines quickly approaching, working from home has posed a unique challenge to accountants who are entrusted with keeping tax documents safe. We join the AICPA to discuss how CPAs can limit business disruptions, while performing remote accounting functions securely.
- Identify remote technology
- Recognize home network challenges
- Recognize the humanistic impact
- Identify collaboration and social interaction tools and best practices
- Distinguish how to securely perform accounting functions remotely
- Identify security and privacy considerations
- Raj Patel, cybersecurity partner, Plante Moran
- Les Nettleton, director of information technology, Bourgeois Bennett