Risky business: What every healthcare finance leader should know before taking on risk
- Thursday, May 11, 2023
- 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. CT
Do you know how much risk your health system is agreeing to? Join our healthcare experts at the HFMA Region 7’s May webinar to find out what you should know before signing a value-based care contract.
The landscape of health systems is ever-changing, and with that, risk and value-based care is becoming more mainstream. It’s imperative that the healthcare finance leaders are knowledgeable on not only the terms of the contracts but also the dynamics of how to succeed in these arrangements. Tammy Schaeffer and Sharon Ulep will provide leaders with the “ins and outs” of value-based care, including:
- The types and levels of risk and the measures commonly included in risk based and gain share agreements.
- The coding and payment systems surrounding risk-based care.
- “Mission-critical” infrastructure that will be needed to support success.
- Key performance and process indicators that should be “front and center” for hospitals, practices, and healthcare systems.
- How value-based agreements can promote quality of care.
- Attendees will be able to describe the types and levels of risk and the measures commonly included in risk-based and gain share agreements.
- Attendees will have a base understanding of the coding and payment systems surrounding risk-based care.
- Attendees will understand critical infrastructure and key performance measures for success in value-based arrangements.
- Attendees will be able to describe how value-based agreements and performance can promote quality of care.