Download our year-end update for an overview of important activities for private companies.
This update provides a summary of some of the more important year-end 2018 accounting and financial reporting activities for private companies. The content is not meant to be all-inclusive.
- Accounting Guidance Issued in Fourth Quarter 2018
- Narrow scope improvements for lessors
- Codification Improvements to Topic 326
- Clarifying the Interaction between ASC Topics 808 and 606
- Targeted Improvements to Related Party Guidance for Variable Interest Entities
- Hedge Accounting - Addition of New Benchmark Interest Rate
- New Revenue Recognition Rules (ASC Topic 606) – Effective Calendar Year 2019
- New Lease Standard (ASC Topic 842) – Effective Calendar Year 2020
- Measurement of Credit Losses on Financial Instruments (ASC Topic 326)
- Standards Effective Calendar Year 2018
- Accounting Guidance Eligible for Early Adoption in Calendar Year 2018
- Standards Issued in 2018
- Standards Issued in Prior Years Effective 2018 or After