Download our third quarter update for an overview of important activities for private companies.
This update provides a summary of some of the more important third quarter 2018 accounting and financial reporting activities for private companies. The content is not meant to be all-inclusive.
- Accounting Guidance Issued in Third Quarter 2018
- Codification Improvements
- Codification Improvements to Topic 842 – Leases
- Targeted Improvements – Leases
- Targeted Improvements to Accounting for Long-Duration Contracts Issues by Insurance Companies
- Changes to Disclosure Requirements for Fair Value Measurement
- Changes to Disclosure Requirements for Defined Benefit Plans
- Guidance on Cloud Computing Arrangements Amended
- FASB Conceptual Framework
- New Revenue Recognition Rules – Effective Calendar Year 2019
- New Lease Standard – Effective Calendar Year 2020
- Measurement of Credit Losses on Financial Instruments
- Standards Issued in 2018
- Standards Issued in Prior Years Effective 2018 or After