New senior living market data uncovers interesting trends in occupancy, inventory growth, and construction in the Midwest.
Are you considering growing your senior living community in the Midwest? Read our Senior Living Market Snapshot reports for an overview of the senior living market data and trends in four Midwestern metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs):
- Chicago, Illinois
- Columbus, Ohio
- Detroit, Michigan
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
Highlights from our Senior Living Market Snapshot reports
New market data uncovers interesting senior living trends in occupancy, inventory growth, and construction. Here’s a sneak peek inside our Market Snapshot reports:
- Independent living and assisted living occupancy has declined since last quarter for each MSA we reviewed.
- Independent living absorption was weak in all MSAs except the Minneapolis MSA. Assisted living absorption was moderate in all four MSAs.
- Construction and inventory growth figures were strong in all four markets. Senior living communities considering construction should have a market study conducted to determine what kinds of units can be supported.
- Compared to all the Midwestern MSAs, Chicago and Detroit make the top three for most units under construction for both independent living and assisted living.
Get the full reports
Our Market Snapshot reports identify benchmarks and developing senior living trends that can help guide your strategic decisions. Download them at the links below:
- Q1 2018 Chicago Senior Living Market Snapshot
- Q1 2018 Columbus Senior Living Market Snapshot
- Q1 2018 Detroit Senior Living Market Snapshot
- Q1 2018 Minneapolis Senior Living Market Snapshot