Clients, colleagues, friends, and family,
Everything we do starts with putting people first. That’s why we’re taking serious precautionary measures to protect the health and well-being of our clients, staff, families, and community. We’ve assembled a COVID-19 task force of leaders across the firm to monitor, address, and mitigate risks presented by the virus, and we intend to strictly adhere to all guidance presented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and other trusted public health officials.
Here’s a brief overview of how we’re currently responding to the situation:
- Limiting in-person events: In addition to cancelling or postponing events through April 30, we’re also greatly limiting our internal meetings and events. Attendance at large events and conferences is highly discouraged, and staff will not be permitted to work where there’s been a confirmed case, including client work sites.
- Closing our offices to normal access: Out of abundance of caution, we’ve closed our domestic offices to normal access and pivoted to working remotely. Our clients can still expect great service from their engagement teams. For those who are unable to work, we are encouraging use of our generous flexible time off policy and, if needed, leave benefits. Our staff has our full support to do what is needed during this time. Our Mexico, India, and Japan offices have also closed, and staff will work remotely through March 31, at which point we will reassess. Our China office has reopened but is still following government protocols by requiring masks in the office and while in public. China office staff have the option of working from home for safety purposes.
- Travel guidance: Our staff will refrain from all business international air travel through April 30 and domestic air travel through April 17, at which point we’ll reevaluate.
- Monitoring changes: Not only are we highly focused on reports from the WHO, the CDC, and other trusted agencies, we’re keeping a close eye on tax-related regulations like extended deadlines and other matters that may impact the needs of our clients.
- Continuing business as usual, with extreme caution: Plante Moran currently has no plans to halt business and maintaining the highest level of client service is still an imperative. Our staff will continue to work closely with clients, and any necessary adjustments will be made with care and reason.
Our firm guidelines will continue to be updated as often as is necessary. We care about your business, and we care about you — we’ll do everything in our power to continue to provide you with outstanding, uninterrupted service.
If you have questions, your Plante Moran contact is awaiting your call. In the meantime, we’ll keep our COVID-19 business insights here. If you need guidance on sharing information with your organization, check out our crisis communication guide.