Southfield, Michigan — Plante Moran will host and present at the Praxity North American International Tax Conference on Nov. 9-10 in Austin, Texas.
Along with other Praxity firms, Plante Moran will host the sixth annual conference, which expects to draw 200+ professionals who have responsibility for international tax issues related to foreign subsidiaries, foreign parent companies or staff working abroad. Plante Moran partners and managers will join other international specialists from Praxity firms in North America, Europe, Asia, South America and Australia.
Plante Moran presenters are:
- Bill Henson of Chicago, who will speak on Foreign Tax Credits — Sourcing of Income (Basic) and Traps for the Unwary — Section 956, 267, Inversions and Other Problem areas.
- Joel Mitchell of Grand Rapids and Scott Sneckenberger of Southfield, who will co-present on “International Due Diligence — Maximizing Value.” Mitchell will also discuss “Effective Tax Rate Strategies.”
- Kellie Becker of Macomb, who will speak on “Foreign Tax Credits — Expense Apportionment.”
- Jerry Jonckheere of Grand Rapids, will who present on “Controlled Foreign CorporationsBasics” and “Accounting for Income Tax — International Issues.”
- Carla Smaston of Southfield and Mary Wade of Macomb, who will discuss “Passive Foreign Investment Companies Reporting Regimes and Filing Requirements.”
- Randall Janiczek of Grand Rapids, who will present on “Deferral Planning — Contract Manufacturing, Holding Companies, Check the Box Rules.” He and Smaston will jointly discuss “Chapter 3 and 4 Withholding Primer.”
- Curtis Ruppal of Grand Rapids, who will speak on “State and Local Tax View of Tax Treaties, Conflicts with PE Rules and Taxation of Nonresidents.”
- Denise Greenway of Macomb, who will discuss “Foreign-Earned Income Exclusion.”
“We’re so pleased that so many of our colleagues have the opportunity to present at this year’s North American International Tax Conference,” said Gordon Krater, managing partner for Plante Moran and a governing council member of Praxity. “Our membership in Praxity allows us to stay competitive globally by providing a wide range of complex advice and seamless service to clients — no matter where they’re doing business.”
To learn more about the Praxity North American International Tax Conference or to register, visit www.praxity-conferences.com. Praxity is the world’s largest alliance of independent accounting firms with more than 65 firms working from 625 offices in 102 countries around the globe. For more information, visit www.praxity.com.
About Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the nation's largest accounting, tax and consulting firms and provides a full line of services to organizations in the following industries: manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, service, health care, private equity, public sector and real estate and construction. Plante Moran has a staff of more than 2,000 professionals in 23 offices throughout Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois with international offices in Shanghai, China; Monterrey, Mexico; and Mumbai, India. Plante Moran has been recognized by a number of organizations, including FORTUNE magazine, as one of the country's best places to work.