COVID-19 sentiment report & leadership roundtable discussion
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2020
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. CT
In the first of a webinar series, a panel will discuss how senior living providers plan to leverage the data from a national survey to enhance the resident experience, redefine their value propositions, and implement innovative marketing and sales solutions.
Part 1 of the LeadingAge COVID-19 sentiment report webinar series
In the COVID-19 Senior Living Sentiment Report, Plante Moran Living Forward and Retirement DYNAMICS surveyed more than 23,000 residents, prospects, and staff to uncover their sentiments toward senior living during the pandemic.
In the first of four webinars hosted by LeadingAge Illinois and LeadingAge Virginia, we will focus on the results of the report and will include a facilitated leadership roundtable discussion about how providers plan to leverage the data to enhance the resident experience, redefine the value proposition that senior living has to offer, and implement innovative marketing and sales solutions to improve prospect and waitlist engagement and ultimately increase census.
- Attendees will hear the results of the COVID-19 Sentiment Report: A Survey of Independent Living Desirability & Safety.
- Attendees will hear from the CEOs of the organizations that participated in the survey about how they intend to leverage the data and results to improve the resident experience and increase leads and move-ins to their communities.
- Learn best practices and innovative ideas specific to sales and marketing to increase census during the ongoing pandemic.
- Dana Wollschlager, Partner, Plante Moran Living Forward
- Robert Sumner, President, Retirement DYNAMICS
- Laura Houlik, Director of Research, Retirement DYNAMICS
- Susan Farr, VP of Business, Development & Marketing, Ebenezer Society
- Brian Pangle, President & CEO, Clark Retirement Communities
Check out the other webinars in the series:
- Senior Living Marketing & Sales Strategies during a Pandemic
- CapEx Planning & Asset Repositioning as a Result of COVID-19
- Changing the Resident Experience with Culinary Solutions & Technology Advancements during COVID-19