Plante Moran Living Forward
We help you plan senior living projects
We can help you make informed decisions regarding service and asset repositioning, building needs, renovations, new construction, mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions. Our approach to your project starts long before a shovel hits the ground by creating a clear view of important senior housing trends, market conditions, and growth opportunities.
Our team brings decades of experience, having performed more than 500 senior living market and financial feasibility studies across the nation to help leadership teams define the scope, budget, and schedule of their senior living development or repositioning projects.
Our planning services include:
- Strategic planning and life cycle analysis
- Site selection
- Project definition and capital planning
- Selection and management of project teams
- Master planning
- Market feasibility studies and customer research
- Facility condition assessments
- Design process and value engineering oversight
- Real estate due diligence: entitlements, zoning, surveys, and municipal approvals
- Seniors housing dispositions
We help you coordinate financing for senior housing projects
We work closely with clients to tailor your project’s financing strategy to your specific risk profile and capital requirements and then assist in financing coordination.
Our financial models are highly dynamic and have built-in capabilities for testing various sensitivities, scenarios, and assumptions.
Our financial services include:
- Project feasibility studies
- Project budget development
- Financial modeling
- Debt capacity and capital planning analysis
- Financing coordination
- Cash flow management
- Economic development incentives procurement, such as TIF, tax credits, and other municipal programs
- Coordination of multi-phased project financing
- Construction cost escalation mitigation
We help you complete senior living development projects
Managing a senior living capital project requires making hundreds of informed decisions about construction delivery methods, architects and contractors, efficient space usage, project budgets, and phasing schedules. Our team has completed billions of dollars in new construction and renovation projects and can assist your organization concept through completion.
Our services include:
- Owner’s representation services
- Change order management
- Project accounting procedures, controls, and reporting guidelines
- Payment application and invoice processing
- Furniture, fixture, and equipment (FF&E) coordination
- Technology coordination
- Project closeout: warranties, as-built documentation, inspections, and commissioning
- Move management
Our unique advantage
Our proven approach to helping senior living owners create financially sound and desirable senior living properties has been fine-tuned over decades of development and a culture centered around a spirit of integrity and collaboration. You can trust our experts to guide you into making the right strategic, financial, and mission-driven decisions for your project, from concept to completion.
Contact us to discuss your next senior housing development project.
Case StudiesSee all case studies
Graceworks Lutheran Services: Vista Place
Clark Retirement Community: Keller Lake Campus
Grand Rapids, MI
Marquette Medical Care Facility
Marquette County, MI
Moorings Park Communities
Villa Hills, KY
Clark Retirement Community: Franklin Campus
Grand Rapids, MI
Working with our senior living development advisors
I have had the privilege of working with [Plante Moran Living Forward] for the past 25 years, and they have never failed to impress me with their exceptional knowledge, professionalism, attention to detail, and outstanding customer service. I would strongly recommend them to any owner or provider of senior living.