Plante Moran announces support for 17 organizations through staff-driven community service initiative
Southfield, Michigan – Plante Moran has announced the firm will support 17 children-focused charities in the next year through its staff-driven community service initiative, Plante Moran Cares (PM Cares).
Now in its eighth year, PM Cares connects staff with community service opportunities in local communities. Through hands-on volunteering and creative fundraising initiatives, PM Cares furthers the firm’s longstanding “We care” mission while strengthening staff ties in each of its offices in Michigan, Ohio and Illinois.
“PM Cares focuses on meeting immediate needs of the communities where Plante Moran has an office,” said Managing Partner Gordon Krater. “Each office chooses an organization whose work is particularly meaningful to that community. This way, the firm supports a wide array of organizations that directly impact the communities where our teams live and work.”
This year’s organizations address a variety of children’s issues including emotional growth, academics and healthy living. Staff in each office voted and selected the following nonprofits for its PM Cares initiative:
- Ann Arbor – Ele's Place
- Auburn Hills – CARE House Of Oakland County
- Chicago Riverside – Sprouting Leaders
- Cincinnati – Children's Home of Greater Cincinnati
- Cleveland – Achievement Centers for Children, for the second year
- Columbus – Junior Achievement of Central Ohio
- Detroit – Ruth Ellis Center
- East Lansing – Child and Family Charities
- Flint – Ele's Place
- Grand Rapids – Kids' Food Basket
- Kalamazoo – Pretty Lake Camp
- Macomb – Capuchin Soup Kitchen - Children's Program
- Northwest Chicago – CASA Kane County
- Southfield– Blessings in a Backpack
- St. Joseph – myTeam Triumph
- Toledo – Girls on the Run of Northwest Ohio
- Traverse City – Leelanau Children's Center
About Plante Moran
Plante Moran is among the nation's largest accounting, tax and consulting firms and provides a full line of services to organizations in the following industries: manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, service, health care, private equity, public sector and real estate and construction. Plante Moran has a staff of more than 2,000 professionals in 23 offices throughout Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois with international offices in Shanghai, China; Monterrey, Mexico; and Mumbai, India. Plante Moran has been recognized by a number of organizations, including FORTUNE magazine, as one of the country's best places to work.