2023 Year-End Webinar Series
- Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2023
- 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. ET
- Anticipated CPE:
Week One | Available On-Demand
2023 Year-End Webinar Series: Individual tax planning
During this webinar, our personal tax and wealth management professionals will provide clarity and focus for the year-end tax-planning process. They’ll discuss the use and timing of deductions, exemptions, and rates in 2023 and beyond. They’ll also cover retirement planning, family and education planning, charitable transfer planning, gifting, and tax-efficient investments.
- Melanie Prevost, wealth management tax partner
- Chad Richard, wealth management tax partner
- Moderator: Clayton Sparks, tax partner
2023 Year-End Webinar Series: Business tax planning
During this webinar, our tax professionals will focus on key tax-planning strategies for you as a business owner. We’ll have presenters from our National Tax Office, state and local tax team, tax solutions group, and international tax services joining together on this panel for a well-rounded discussion of the highlights you may want to focus on as the calendar year closes out.
- Alex Hanley-Shenolikar, senior manager, National Tax Office
- David Landwehr, manager, state and local tax
- Kate Oliver, manager, tax solutions group
- Megan Rudolph, manager, international tax
- Moderator: Clayton Sparks, tax partner
Week Two | Available On-Demand
2023 Year-End Webinar Series: Audit & accounting standards updates & reminders
As the calendar year comes to a close, our audit and accounting professionals will cover the main items you should consider for successful year-end planning. They’ll explore a range of topics from updates on auditing standard changes (such as SAS 143 and SAS 145), independence, ESG developments, CECL, Inflation Reduction Act accounting considerations, year two of new lease accounting standards, GASB 94 and 96, failed debt covenant implications, and more.
- Keegan DeBoer, senior manager, assurance
- Jeff Pohler, manager, assurance
- Lizzie Robinson, manager, assurance
- Moderator: Christina Moser, senior manager, assurance
2023 Year-End Webinar Series: Benefit plan roundup | SECURE 2.0 & your 2024 checklist
Whether you sponsor just one employee benefit plan or you’re responsible for several, the volume of information and updates can be overwhelming. Our benefit plan specialists will share updates on relevant legislation and, in particular, will discuss what plan sponsors should be thinking about right now related to SECURE 2.0. We’ll also help you better understand the impact of new auditing standards and give you some examples of common audit issues to avoid.
- Laura Taylor, partner, employee benefits consulting
- Staci Tobe, senior manager, employee benefit plan audit
- Mae Elbohy, senior manager, employee benefit plan audit
- Moderator: Steve VanSteenkiste, partner, employee benefit plan audit
Week Three | Dec. 12, 2023
2023 Year-End Webinar Series: Hot topics in business combinations
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
CPE credit: 1, Audit
During this webinar, you’ll hear our professionals talk through accounting considerations for leases, contingent consideration/compensation, the impact of multiple commonly controlled entities in a transaction, and how the reporting entity for financial statements could impact disclosures and accounting.
- Stephen Bondar, senior manager, audit
- Andrea Slabinski, senior manager, audit
- Laura Havel, principal, real estate valuation consulting
- Moderator: David Kristick, partner, audit
2023 Year-End Webinar Series: Prioritizing cybersecurity as a holistic leader
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
CPE credit: 1, Specialized knowledge
During this session, our cybersecurity experts will share real-world examples of vulnerabilities and business process failures that lead to data breaches, financial losses, and major blows to organizational reputation. We’ll break down these situations and highlight the prevention tactics and cybersecurity best practices you can implement now to better protect your organization and engage your staff. Along the way, we’ll share additional recommendations on how you can become a more flexible, innovative organization that can respond and adapt quickly through a holistic risk management strategy.
- Sarah Pavelek, CISSP, CCSFP, CHQP, CRISC, partner, cybersecurity
- Scott Petree, CPA, CISA, CISSP, CFE, QSA, partner, cybersecurity
- Moderator: Joe Oleksak, CISSP, CRISC, QSA, partner & practice leader, cybersecurity