- Thursday, February 5, 2015; 2 - 3 p.m. EST
Now that final regulations have been released on Internal Revenue Code Section 501(r), hospital organizations, classified as Code Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations, need to be in compliance with all of its requirements in tax years beginning on or after Dec. 29, 2015. Failure to do so may result in costly penalties and challenge of exempt status. This webinar will clarify each of the regulation’s key requirements, including those around the community health needs assessment, implementation strategy, financial assistance, billing and collections, emergency medical care and limitations on patient charges.
Learning objectivesAt the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Assist in their tax-exempt hospital’s compliance process regarding the regulations under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(r).
- Confirm compliance with requirements for the community health needs assessment, implementation strategy, financial assistance policies, billing and collections policies, emergency medical care policies and billing limitations on patient charges.
- Explain the consequences, as established under the regulations, of noncompliance.
- Carol Lalonde, Healthcare Tax Associate, Plante Moran
- Amy Ciminello, Healthcare Tax Associate, Plante Moran
- Jaime Miller, Healthcare Consulting Associate, Plante Moran
- David Lowenthal, Partner, Plante Moran