- Thursday, April 4, 2019, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m., EDT
- Anticipated CPE:
- 1 CPE
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act imposed an excise tax on exempt organizations based on their payment of compensation in excess $1,000,000. The law also imposes a similar excise tax on excess parachute payments. The IRS issued long-awaited guidance in December 2018. In this webinar, we’ll help you determine if the tax will impact your tax-exempt organization, and if so, how to apply the rules.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify which compensation applies to computing the excise tax.
- Understand how to identify traps for the unwary hidden in the excess parachute provisions.
- Identify strategies to mitigate some or all of the tax.
- David Lowenthal, partner
- Michael Krucker, senior associate
- Edward Kim, principal
- Steve Gibson, associate