- Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019, 11 a.m. - noon EST
A year after FASB issued Accounting Standards Update 2018-08, Clarifying the Scope and Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made, it’s time to prepare for implementation. Join us for a complimentary webinar to learn about how the new standard will affect nonprofit organizations. Experts will share real-life examples of how the contribution standard is impacting not-for-profits and specifically where organizations will see the biggest changes. Attendees can expect to learn some practical tips for implementation and what to expect going forward.
At the conclusion of this session participants will be able to:
- Describe the way FASB Accounting Standards Update 2018-08, Clarifying the Scope and Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made, will affect not-for-profits.
- Understand specific ways the new contribution standard will impact reporting.
- Describe how to determine whether a transaction should be accounted for as contribution or exchange and whether a resource provider is receiving value in return for the resources transferred.
- Describe best practices for implementation of the new contribution standard
- Katie Thornton, higher education industry technical leader
- Jeff Zeleji, not-for-profit industry technical specialist
Kris Ray, not-for-profit industry technical leader