- Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019, 11 a.m. - noon EST
A year after FASB issued Accounting Standards Update 2018-08, Clarifying the Scope and Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made, it’s time to prepare for implementation. Join us for a complimentary webinar to learn about how the new standard will affect nonprofit organizations. Experts will share real-life examples of how the contribution standard is impacting not-for-profits and specifically where organizations will see the biggest changes. Attendees can expect to learn some practical tips for implementation and what to expect going forward.
At the conclusion of this session participants will be able to:
- Describe the way FASB Accounting Standards Update 2018-08, Clarifying the Scope and Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made, will affect not-for-profits.
- Understand specific ways the new contribution standard will impact reporting.
- Describe how to determine whether a transaction should be accounted for as contribution or exchange and whether a resource provider is receiving value in return for the resources transferred.
- Describe best practices for implementation of the new contribution standard
- Katie Thornton, higher education industry technical leader
- Jeff Zeleji, not-for-profit industry technical specialist
Kris Ray, not-for-profit industry technical leader
For more information regarding program cancellation policies, please visit our webinar website https://www.plantemoran.com/explore-our-thinking/info/global/webinar-faq or contact our offices at 248-352-2500.
Staff wishing to express complaints regarding this training should contact the Learning Team at 248-223-3564.
Plante & Moran, PLLC, is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417 or by visiting the website: www.nasba.org