State & local tax advisor: May 2015
Plante Moran’s State & Local Tax team issues periodic newsletters to keep you apprised of important state and local tax changes.
Topics in this issue include:
- Calculation of income and credits amended, other changes made
- Agricultural and manufacturing exemptions expanded
- Local income taxes reorganized
- Market-based sourcing allowed, HMO included in combined report
- U.S. Supreme Court holds that lack of full credit for taxes paid to other states violated Constitution
- Market-based sourcing established for taxpayers electing optional single-sales factor method
- Sales of cloud computing product not taxable
- Enacted law phases in elective single sales factor, repeals some MTC provisions
- Professional football player did not owe Cleveland taxes for game he did not attend
- Tax amnesty law enacted
Read the full May 2015 SALT Advisor >>
The information provided in this alert is only a general summary and is being distributed with the understanding that Plante & Moran, PLLC is not rendering legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice, position, or opinions on specific facts or matters and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use. ©2014 CCH. All Rights Reserved.